We are NextGear Capital UK Limited of NextGear House, Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9RE.
We are the “data controller” of your personal information, responsible for processing it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office and are registered on the Data Protection Registration - No. ZA038231.
What information do we collect about you?
If you are operating as a dealer We may collect and process the following data about you which may include personal data to the extent an individual can be identified from the information itself or from other information in, or likely to come into, our possession:
- directors or partners names, date of birth, the business address, personal addresses, telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- your bank details, insurance policy details and any other information which may be required for processing credit checks;
- information We receive from Our affiliates, and from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, consumer reporting agencies and other lenders, regarding creditworthiness, credit history, and loan repayment history;
- details of cars purchased, provided as stock and sold using our services;
- data you share with Us when contacting Us, for example when contacting our Customer Service team on 0343 50 60 600. We may record and monitor calls and keep a record of your correspondence with Us, to deal with your enquiry and for quality and training purposes.
How long do we keep your information?
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as we actually need it to achieve the purpose(s) for which we obtained it in the first place.
How will we use your information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with information about your Stocking Plan;
- to carry out any credit checks and to monitor, detect and prevent fraud;
- to provide credit line facilities;
- to notify you about changes to Our services and products;
- to carry out research and statistical analysis for the purposes of improving and enhancing Our services;
- to provide you with offers about Our products and services that you request from Us or which We feel may be of interest to you, unless you have told Us you do not want Us to contact you with these offers. This may include, but not be limited to, mail, email, website, telephone and SMS;
- to respond to your queries, suggestions or complaints, for administration purposes (including your access to our Website);
- to help personalise your experience of our Website;
- to monitor the use of Our website;
- to collate, analyse and report on aggregate, anonymised personal information about users of Our website;
- to maintain Our business records and keep a record of all the above activities;
How will we monitor and record your correspondence with us?
We may monitor and record calls, emails and SMS messages between you and Us for quality control, for training purposes, to improve Our services and to keep a record of what was agreed.
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- Where material is uploaded or posted by you on Our website violates the rights of a third party.
- Where it is necessary to do so to provide the products and services chosen by you.
- Where we have your consent to do so.
Service Providers: We contract with service providers (which may include our affiliates) to perform certain functions on Our behalf. Their access is limited only to the personal information needed to perform the functions carried out on Our behalf as Our agent, and only for the purpose of performing those functions, and they are prohibited from using or disclosing the personal information for other purposes.
Credit Reference Agencies: If you are a dealer, We use credit reference agencies (CRAs) to assess your application for credit and verify your identity to prevent crime and money laundering. We may also, make periodic searches at CRAs in order to refresh Our records and manage your Stocking Plan with Us. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. When CRAs receive a search request from Us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to Us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. Where you borrow from Us, We will give details of your Stocking Plan(s) and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted. You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small fee for the provision of information.
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to comply with our Terms & Conditions and other agreements We have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NextGear, Our customers, or others;
to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes, but only where you have told Us you are happy for Us to do so.
Registration to our website
Where you are invited to register for any part of this Website, each registration is for a single user only. You must not share your name and password with any other person or with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of passwords issued rests with you, so you are therefore responsible for all actions undertaken using your password and login ID.
Links to third party websites
Will we transfer your information overseas?
How do we protect your information?
The security of personal data is important to Us. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the personal data in our possession.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Access to your information, correction and unsubscribing
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data comprised in any information that We hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal data We hold about you, please contact us at NextGear House, Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9RE or firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to process your request We may make a charge of £10 to cover any associated administrative costs. We may also ask for proof of your ID.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove personal data you think is inaccurate by contacting Us.
You have the right to ask Us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact Us at email@example.com.
For more information on the fraud prevention agencies we may share your information with, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will be happy with the way We handle your personal data but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem – for more information visit www.ico.gov.uk
Please note that your legal rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 only apply to information to the extent it contains your personal data. Some of the information we collect and process about you does not contain personal data.
This policy was last updated on 12 May 2014.